The Government is considering new actions in relation to the rental market.
The most significant proposals are:
1. Extend the term of the mandatory extension of contracts for home rental from 3 to 5 years and the tacit extension from 1 to 3 years, by natural person owners. For legal persons, 7 years of compulsory extension and 3 years of tacit extension.
2. If the property does not give 6 months’ notice before the end of the contract its decision to renew, the contract will necessarily be extended for 3 more years.
3. No additional guarantees can be agreed to the legal deposit of two months of rent.
4. The legal persons owners will have to pay the expenses of the Real Estate management and the formalization of the rental contract.
5. Measures are thought of so that the Town Halls and the Autonomous Communities regulate and limit the “abusive” increases of the prices of the rents in zones declared “very demanded”.
We are looking forward to the results of this study.